Walking Tour of Victoria Falls $ 30
Duration: Approx 2 hour
The best way to see Victoria Falls is on a guided tour, which can be done from either the Zimbabwean side or the Zambian side. We will share facts, secret views and hidden treasures with you.
Victoria Falls Tour: This guided tour to see the spectacular Victoria Falls, also known locally as “Mosi oa Tunya” (the smoke that thunders), will take you on a historic journey of the falls in the Rain Forest. Here you will be able to view the falls from the Zimbabwean side and feel the spray of the falls as you wander through the forest to various viewing points. Visits to the Zambian side of the Victoria Falls can also be arranged.
Different months in the year offer opportunities to see the “Falls” in a different light – from low-water season, when there is no spray, to the high water season where you are guaranteed for an exhilarating & drenching experience.
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours long
- Includes: A lovely Zimbabwean guide well knowledgeable on this natural world wonder.
- Excludes: Zimbabwean park fees, approximately USD 30
The Victoria Falls will be in full flood between April and June. Be sure to wear a raincoat during these months as you will get soaked from the spray of the Falls.
Guests will be accompanied through the Rainforest by a qualified Guide, who will give a brief history of the falls as well as detailing the flora, fauna, bird & wildlife and other points of interest.
Foreign Language guides are available at extra cost. If needed please notify your request as you book.
$23 per person – English Guide
*Price excludes park entrance fees ($30)
Alternatevely also experience the best view of the Victoria Falls from a different perspective. Why not book a Helicopter flight over the Victoria Falls. This will give you spectacular views of this magnificent attraction.
Age Restrictions: The age restriction is under 14 years old. Although children need to be accompanied by an adult.
All children under 3 years old its free, from 3 yeas to 11 years its half price.
Victoria Falls View Points
The View Points On the Tour of Victoria Falls
1) Devil’s Cataract & Livingstone’s Statue – Dr David Livingstone is reputed to be the first European to see the Victoria Falls on 16th November 1855.
2) The “Chain Walk” – This leads down into the gorge where one gets an excellent view of Devils Cataract and Cataract Island.
3-7) Devil’s Cataract & Main Falls – This is a true Rain Forest with many types of bird life as well as flora and fauna, this runs through to view point eleven.
6) Viewpoint 6 – Best for views of Devil’s Cataract, especially in the morning, Livingstone’s statue is visible above the falls.
7) Viewpoint 7 – Provides the best views of the Main falls. From the right hand corner of the viewing area it is possible to see the river at the bottom of the gorge.
8) Main Falls – When the river is in flood there is very little to see but torrents of spray!
9-12) Main Falls/Livingstone Island/Horseshoe Falls
11) Viewpoint 11 – Provides wet and intermittent views of Livingstone Island and rainbow Falls. It was from the grassy ledge above Livingstone Island, that David Livingstone first saw the Falls.
14) Rainbow Falls – The Rainbow Falls is the highest point of the Falls.
15) Danger Point – so named because this leads along the cliff edge. It is from this point that one can see the Eastern Cataract on the Zambian side.
16) Boiling Pot – one looks down into the boiling, turbulent waters far below.
Bridge Viewpoint – from this point one looks onto the Victoria Falls Bridge, linking Zimbabwe and Zambia.